Enter to WIN!
TWO VIP TICKETS,
PRIZES and MORE!
High School: Roseville
* Double Oympic Gold Medalist 1984 Los Angeles - 100m, 4x100m Relay
* Olympic Gold Medalist 1988 Seoul - 4x100m Relay
* Olympic Silver Medalist 1988 Seoul - 100m
* Olympic Gold Medalist 1992 Barcelona - 4x100m Relay
* National Track & Field Hall of Fame 1997
Evelyn is one of only four women to have won four gold medals in Olympic history. In 1992, she became the oldest American woman to win an Olympic gold medal at the Barcelona games. She has run under the 11 second barrier over 30 times and the first to do so in an Olympic games. She set the world record in the 100 meters in 1983 and held that record until 1988.
Her proudest moment was when she was selected to be the flag bearer for the US Olympic team during the opening ceremonies during the 1988 Seoul Games.
With six International gold medals and one silver medal, Evelyn was inducted into the National Track & Field Hall of Fame in 1997. She was ranked #1 in the world by Track & Field News over 100m in 1979 and 1981, and over 200m in 1981. She also was named Track & Field News “Athlete of the Year” twice, in 1981 and 1984. Amongst her peers and experts she is said to be “one of the greatest track and field runners ever.”